Improve your English while training at the Evert Tennis Academy Summer Camps in the United States with Get That Grade Tutoring’s! Our summer English lessons provide access to experienced teachers, introductions to the SAT, ACT, and TOEFL, public speaking, leadership, and cross-cultural communication.
Tennis students and their siblings can attend small classes throughout the summer taught by highly experienced instructors. The program offers one-hour English classes five times per week, Monday through Friday from 3:20-4:20 pm. The cost is $200 per week.
All students will be given a diagnostic placement form on their first lesson. Based on the results of the placement, students will be working in a beginner, intermediate, or experienced level. All curricula will be taught to all students, but depending on the student’s level, different aspects of the lesson will be highlighted. By working together with different skill levels, students are forced to learn at a quicker pace.
As with tennis, students learn English at an exponential pace. While students attending the class for a week will gain basic vocabulary and ability to communicate, as the length of attendance increases, so does the proficiency in which the students will be able to speak the English Language. The lessons will be run for the entire length of the Summer, and students that attend for the entire course will leave with an entirely new set of skills.
The English classes focus on academics and build listening, speaking, reading, writing, formal grammar study and vocabulary skills in the classroom through a combination of ways:
- Traditional Classroom instruction to improve skills in reading, written and spoken English.
- Personal attention with a ratio of one teacher for 10 students. Each camper will receive the attention they need, ensuring they are comprehending the material taught.
- Fun group activities like team competitions, games, and sports instruction. Get That Grade Tutoring offers the chance for campers to learn alongside American kids at the Evert Tennis Academy, which is an excellent way to enhance their English.
- Classes will have combined activities with full and part-time campers, as well as interested siblings, giving international students another opportunity to interact with and forge friendships with American students.
- As a bonus, students will be introduced to the TOEFL, the SAT and the ACT.
It goes without saying that the benefits of attending Get That Grade Tutoring’s Summer English Lessons will be enormous. Here is a taste of what to expect …
- Build important skills like public speaking, leadership, and cross-cultural communication.
- Gain experiences that help the college application process, such as college visits and opportunities to get references from camp teachers and counselors.
- Make new friends from different cultures and backgrounds – all while learning and having fun!
- Confidence! With better English skills inevitably comes better confidence! Better confidence brings better performance in every aspect of life (socially and scholastically).
Get That Grade Tutoring is looking forward to enhancing your child’s summer and helping them to grow, flourish and thrive in a safe, fun and educational environment created just for them!